Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dandelions in November?


Today we found 31 cents and 33 bottles and cans.

Talk about your unusual weather, it was nearly 60 here today and the sun even managed to come out for a while as we dried out some from the recent rains. These wacky temperatures have brought out the insects, too, like moths and beetles, and I even saw some dandelions while I was at Holdsworth Park today (see picture). Still believe that global warming isn’t going on? It's not right I tell you!


Currency conversation – The first of our coin finds occurred when I took Lexi down to Holdsworth Park for a little exercise after my run. While I was there I found a total of 11 cents (1 dime and 1 penny) in the gravel parking area. The rest of the finds came on the evening walk. First we snagged 3 pennies at the car wash, then, at the high school we found another 15 cents (1 dime and 1 nickel). Finally, headed up Main Street on our way home we collected another 2 cents, both were the intersection of Kirk and Main.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 184.85
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 303.20

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 13,245 – 662.25

Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 22,267 – 1,163.35

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home