Friday, November 10, 2006

A Salute To The Coin Givers!

Today we found 18 cents and 14 bottles and cans.

It only seems fitting to recognize all those hard working folks who throw their money away. From pennies to dollars, from bottles to cans, our coffers continue to grow thanks in big part to you, oh unwise throwers of the money. May you continue litter the streets with your wealth! I salute you!

Coin Talk – While not a great day out on the streets of Springvale/Sanford, we did snatch up those coins we found along the way. On my run, a short 2-½ miler, I picked up a nickel on Mill St. After the run I took Lexi down to Holdsworth Park where I found a penny and about 10 bottles and cans.

On the evening walk, my only find was a dime that came at the car wash. Michele came through though with a couple of pennies she found while getting a coffee at the Dunkin Donuts in Gray.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 183.71
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 302.06

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 13,091 – 654.55
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 23,113 – 1,155.65

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home