Sunday, November 05, 2006

Chilly Conditions!

Today we found 15 cents and 7 bottles and cans.

There certainly has been a chill in the air lately. The temps have been below normal and the nights are nippy. It does make for good running conditions though as I just love the cool, crisp air. There really is nothing like it.

Speaking of running, during my run of 6 ½ miles I did snag one coin, a nickel. Money aside I felt great on the run and really pushed the pace for the first 2 ½ miles or so just to see what kind of shape I was in. You have to drop the hammer once in while during the base mileage build up to give you that turnover. Plus, it breaks up the steady pace of the run. Needless to say, my fitness is steadily improving as I work toward raising my overall base mileage and focus my training toward the Spring racing season.

Other money finds – besides the nickel, Michele found 7 cents on her walk. The first 2 cents were found at the depot and the nickel was found in a parking lot directly across from the Springvale Library on Main Street. In addition, on her run she found another penny on Oak Street. The remaining 2 cents were found on the evening walk. The first coin was found in the rite aid parking lot and the second on Main Street, headed home.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 182.43
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 300.78

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 12,907 – 645.35
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 22,929 – 1,146.45

2 Comments:

Blogger The Humphery Family said...

I'm happy that you haven't had a 'no change day' thus far! Quick Question: Have you competed in a marathon? After watching thousands of folks take off yesterday I could only imagine how much pain and aching they'll experience once they finish the race!

4:15 AM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Barb, no, I've never run a marathon but I've had plenty of friends who have. I'm middle distance, I run 5k's, 4 milers, 5 milers and 10k's mostly. As runners though we all need to run somewhat long distances. Rule of thumb is that you should be able to run twice the distance that you're racing.

When I was running with elite crew in the seacoast, I was averaging somewhere around 55 miles a week. Right now I'm in the low 20's and building. You also learn pretty quickly running with those types of guys that if you start to falter they leave you behind,lol! There were many times when I got dropped from the pack because I couldn't hold the pace. It made for a long run, but, it also made me train harder and eventually I was able to hang with them.

Best,

Jim

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home