Wednesday, November 08, 2006

More Rain!

Today we found 53 cents and 12 bottles and cans.

The weather report for the day was rain, constant and heavy at times. Sure, I managed to deal with it, but it made for some soggy going in the quest for coins.

Michele had no luck on her early morning walk with Lexi. Then, a little later on my run, I didn’t find anything although it was only lightly raining at that point. When I got back, I decided to take Lexi for her walk, solo, instead of waiting for Michele. She had the field hockey banquet to deal with so I wasn’t sure if she would have any extra time. Turns out I was right.

Anyway, I did have some luck on our journey securing 1 penny on Riverbank (I love that street name), and 7 cents (1 nickel, and 2 pennies) on Dorsey. I did also fill up Lexi’s pack with a dozen bottles as well. When got back from the walk I was supposed to get ready and go the banquet as well, but I was really tired and pretty wet so I decided to forgo the event and relax at home. I guessed I missed out on a good feed and lots of interesting conversation, but my body appreciated the down time. The remaining 45 cents arrived home with Michele. Turns out she found it in the bottom of the lost and found bag when cleaning out the clothes that were left behind. You gotta love those high schoolers.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money total for 2006 – 183.33
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 301.68

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 13,034 – 651.70
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 23,056 – 1,152.80

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home