Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dropping The Hammer!

Today we found 2.61 in change and 92 bottle and cans.

Good evening to all of you coin finders out there. Wednesday was a day of good fortune on the roads of the Sanford-Springvale area. Michele started out the action with 7 cents on her walk with Lexi. She found 5 pennies on Allen, then 1 on George and 1 on Main.

Things remained quiet when I went out for my run of 3 miles, though I did snag half a dozen bottles and cans on my cool-down walk through Holdsworth Park. The real back breaker came on our evening walk with Lexi. Michele found one penny in the rite aid parking lot, then we hit the jackpot at the car wash with an astounding 2.45, 1 quarter, 6 dimes, 1 nickel and the rest pennies. There was money everywhere, on the islands, on the ground, in the self-serve bays, even in the automatic washers. The final penny of the walk came on Main Street, not too far the house.

The rest of coins finds, 7 cents, came on my evening bike ride. I rode down to the ssya fields to roundup any stray bottles or cans and on my way there I picked up 2 pennies on Main and a nickel in the rite aid parking lot. I also checked a few other well-known coin finding venues without success.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 136.02
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 253.39

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 8,372 – 418.60
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 18,394 – 919.70

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home