Saturday, August 19, 2006

Charging Up The Batteries!

Today we found 11 cents and 32 bottles and cans.

Saturday was one of rest for me. I didn’t climb out of bed until about 11 am. I was pretty wrecked from the day before and even though I got a decent amount of sleep, I still felt a bit off, like a needed another few hours shut eye or something. While I was cutting some z’s, Michele went out a really short walk with Lexi. She’s usually power walks but in her current state, she has to take it real easy, at least for another day or two. She did manage to pick up one penny though in the rite aid parking lot and Lexi got in her morning exercise, albeit one of leisure.

The rest of our finds came on the evening walk, a 2 miler, again at a deliberate pace. We found all 10 cents at the car wash, 10 pennies and nothing else the rest of the way. I did pick up one coke cap in addition to the coins and a fair amount of bottles and cans here and there.

A note on card sales – I know I mentioned earlier that I buy and sell graded sports cards, mostly vintage (baseball, pre 1978). Things have been a little slow this month, not unusual for August, but I expect sales to start picking up around the end of the month. I had one sale today for 56 dollars. July came in at slightly over 2,500 in sales. My biggest month so far this year is just over 10k.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 130.72
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 248.09

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 8,177 – 408.85
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 18,199 – 909.95

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home