Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Big Ticket Item!

Today we found 54 cents and 32 bottles and cans.

Just when I thought I’d seen it all. I was riding my bike down on a remote area of the Mousam trail this afternoon. It’s pretty steep on both sides and I was on the lookout for stray bottles and cans when I came across a new kids mountain bike. It was way down in the woods and hard to tell what shape it was in at first. When I got a close look at it, it was in nearly mint condition, other than a few small scratches along the handlebars where it was probably pushed down the embankment (see picture). It was tricky getting it home as I was about 2 miles out, but with a little balancing act and a few stops along the way, I made it back home in fairly decent time.

As for our money finds, I found 2 pennies at the depot during my afternoon bike ride prior to coming across the bike. Then, on our evening walk, we found 52 cents, 2 quarters and 2 pennies, all at the car wash. Michele didn’t have time for a morning walk today because of some organizational issues with field hockey, however, things are improving, and she should be back to normal soon.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 128.27
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 245.64

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 8,011 – 400.60
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 18,033 – 901.65

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home