Sunday, August 13, 2006

Friends Along The Way!

Today we found 38 cents and 54 bottles and cans.

One of things I love about our walks and bike rides are the people we meet along the way. It reminds me of days gone by, the times when you really knew your neighbors and many others around town on a first name basis. I always enjoy stopping and chewing the fat, and we’ve become very well known (along with Lexi) around the village. The term, “I see you guys all the time” comes up quite often in conversation. I say to myself, yes, and I’m smiling all the way to bank, too!

Speaking of the bank, most of today’s bankroll came on Michele’s walk with Lexi. She found 11 cents on Mill, 1 penny at the high school, and a nickel and the depot. She also picked up 3 pennies on her run, all on Water Street. She’s in the zone and there’s no stopping her!

After I completed my run, I went out on thea bike and collected the bottles and cans I noticed on the run, plus some I didn’t notice. I also retrieved 3 pennies as well, 2 coming from Dorsey and one on Payne. The evening walk produced another 15 cents, 14 of it coming in front of the Sunny Side Restaurant and one in front of the karate studio. We did find one lonely marble, too.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 127.02
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 244.39

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 7,948 – 397.40
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 17,970 – 898.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home