Monday, August 21, 2006

Night Riding!

Today we found 73 cents and 58 bottles and cans.

Lately, I’ve been going out for some late night bikes. I don’t venture out for too long though I’m always on the lookout for money, bottles or anything else of value. Most nights I make out pretty good and the only thing it costs me is a little time. The whole idea behind this venture was to be as profitable as possible. That meant finding all of the treasures via walking, during runs, or by bicycle as the main means of travel. Of course, there are times when I have used a vehicle, but only when the bounty is such that it’s not manageable by those options i.e. large amounts of bottles and cans or something of size, and then only for short distances, less than 2 or 3 miles. I guess I like the thought of reducing my carbon footprint while making some extra tax-free cash from the area residents and summer vacationers.

Now for the money rundown – Our first find came during a run, Michele as been slowly building up base mileage, and after a brief respite via day surgery the last couple of days, she was back out on the roads. This time I accompanied her on a 2 miler. Toward the end of the run she spotted a penny. Next, on our evening walk with Lexi we collected 27 cents, one penny at Miller Ford on Main Street, then 3 pennies at the car wash, 1 penny at the bakery and 21 cents (2 dimes and one penny) at the 7-11. Then, on a ride down to rite aid, Michele found one penny. Finally, on my late night bike ride I came up with an additional 45 cents, 44 of it came from our good friends at the 7-11 and one penny from the rite parking lot.

Over and Out!

Money totals for 2006 – 131.89
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 249.26

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 8,244 – 412.20
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 913.20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home