Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Sun Came Out Today!

Today we found 1.14 in change and 68 bottles and cans.

It was a welcome to sight to the sun again after the last couple days of less than spectacular weather. The warmer temps didn’t hurt either as the latter couple of days reminded me more of late September than late August, and I’m really not ready for that quite yet.

At any rate, it seems that the improved conditions made people more in the mood to drop change, and that’s just what we want. Michele went out on her morning walk with Lexi and managed to come up with 2 cents, breaking her 2-day string of shutouts. After my run, in which I didn’t find any money, I did spot a few bottles and cans, so I took the bike out and to collect them up. During my journey I also came up with 12 cents, a dime and 2 pennies. In later action, the evening walk Lexi, I recovered 35 cents. The majority of it came at the car wash where I found one quarter, one nickel, and 5 pennies. The only other find of the walk was another quarter in front of the 7-11.

Finally, during a shortened evening bike ride, I picked up another 40 cents, 38 of it came at the rite aid parking lot (1 quarter, 1 dime, and 3 pennies), then I finished it up with one penny at the sunny side restaurant and one penny at the Luigi’s Pizza! I really love pizza, too!

Sidebar – In addition to the coins and bottles, I did find a nice pair of scissors on Pleasant Street. How they got where they were is anybody’s guess (no houses).

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 139.43
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 256.80

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 8,811 – 440.55
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 18,833 – 941.65

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home