Monday, August 28, 2006

Tough Sledding

Today we found 25 cents and 32 bottles and cans.

After the rains of yesterday, I figured the streets would be lined with money. They usually are, with people in a hurry trying not to get wet and not worrying about a couple of lost coins in the moment. However, that could have not been farther from the truth.

Michele went out for a quick morning walk with Lexi and didn’t find anything. Later on I went out for my run. I did get one coin, our only one of the day which was a quarter. Then, on the evening walk which I started out by myself, (Michele met us on the way back) we didn’t find any coins. Needless to say it was tough going out there today.

Sidebar – I’ve been noticing this woman in a red van showing up at the car wash lately (probably in her late 50’s or early 60’s). She’s been hitting the area a few times before I get there, too. So, to counter, I’ve been leaving for the evening walk a little earlier (around 5:30). Even with that, she still beats me down there some days by a few minutes and today was one of the those days. Lexi and I walked down to get a closer look and boy, Lexi started barking wildly at her (strange). She’s not the prettiest woman I’ve ever seen either, she could probably knock a fox off a chicken truck. The fact of the matter is that she’s been intruding on my area and I don’t like it. Hopefully Lexi scared her off for good! If not, I may have to take matters into my own hands, kind of like bumfights…lol!

Good Night and Good Hunting.

Money totals for 2006 – 138.11
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 255.48

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 8,733 – 436.65
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 18,755 – 937.75

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home