Sunday, August 27, 2006

In Retrospect

Today we found 40 cents and 10 bottles and cans.

Typing away for my blog entry tonight, it occurred to me that I’ve become a coin finding junkie. Every day I head out that door looking for money or other valuables. It’s kind of like needing to find your dealer to get a fix, to feel that high. The best part about it out though is that is doesn’t cost me anything and it actually improves my health, and my wallet.

You could call me a gleaner I suppose, living off the land, but hey, with all of these people around here practically giving their money away, how could someone not take full advantage of it. Some might say, well, it’s only a penny, or a nickel, or a dime, but to me, its free money, and free money is always welcomed around here. Then, when you figure in the all of the returnables, almost 1,000 dollars worth in a little under 20 months, what’s and not to like. I always have good laugh when I think about the interest it’s making in a money market account. Now that’s good business!

Now on to the daily official tally – Michele found 3 pennies with Lexi on her morning walk, which will probably be the last one for a few days. She starts teaching tomorrow as the advent of a new year begins. After my run, I walked up to Holdsworth Park and after stretching out, I managed to find one penny and a couple of bottles.

On our evening walk, which was later than normal because of the constant rain today, we picked up 16 cents. The first 2 coins came from the car wash, a nickel and a penny. Then on our way out of the skateboard park Michele spotted a dime. The other 20 cents came from a no-name car wash in Somersworth that I suggested we try on our way back from food shopping.

Over and Out!

Money totals for 2006 – 137.86
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 255.23

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 8,701 – 435.05
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 18,273 – 936.15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home