Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Pair of Oakley's, A Stethoscope, And Some Big Bills!


Today we found 29 cents in change and 40 bottles and cans.

A hearty hello to all of you change finders out there. Thursday was another page right out of spring. Temperatures were once again around 50 degrees and delightful. However, as I’m writing this entry, it’s snowing. That’s right, we have some very light snow coming down at the moment but it won’t result in anything more than a dusting. Then, after tomorrow, we resume our warming trend again.

Change update and other interesting items. Just when I thought I'd seen it all, I have a day like today. Sure, it started out innocently enough. I found one penny on my run, a 5-miler, coming up Main Street. Things got really interesting after that.
On the evening walk with Lexi we hit pay dirt. The first find was a penny at the Sunoco station. Then, at the car wash, we found 17 cents (1 dime, 1 nickel, and 2 pennies), plus a nice pair of Oakley Sunglasses that someone left behind again. This is the second pair I’ve found there and at this rate I’ll have to open up my own sunglass hut soon!

In addition, we also found a stethoscope. It was laying on one of the vacuum station islands. I just need one of the eye things, a tongue depressor and a doctor’s lab coat and I’ll be able to start seeing patients. I must say we had great fun listening to the heartbeats of Lexi and Trouble. “Ok Lexi, cough”, “one more time, cough”. “Well young lady, you’re as healthy as a full grown rottweiler”. We also found a wad of really big fake bills in the denominations of 20’s and 100’s but I can’t find them at the moment. They’re the kind that are about 4 times the size of a normal bill but still pretty cool looking. We took one each for the photo shoot. I’ll have to confer with Michele to see what the story is there. The final find of the walk was a dime found in the 7-11 parking lot.

The missing penny of the total was found at the Sanford Junior High Gym. Michele was officiating the boy’s basketball game for the eighth and ninth graders and found it on the floor.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 213.34
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 331.69

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 13,709 – 685.45
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 23,731 – 1,186.55

2 Comments:

Blogger The Humphery Family said...

Those are some nice glasses!! Hubby found a pair of Foster Grants during the ING marathon but he lost them somewhere not long after. Butterfingers indeed!

Nice totals btw... I'm hoping to see $130 before the new year myself. Things are progressing ever so sloowwwwly :)

4:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Interestingblog. I keep finging 11 cents. Always a dime and a penny. It started on the way back home from by boyfriend's father's memorial service when I found 11 cents in the plane's restroom. How weird isi that?

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home