Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday Update!

Today we found 8 cents and 28 bottles and cans

This is going to be a quick entry as it’s pretty late and I’m really beat.
Michele found one coin on her walk this morning with Lexi. It was a nickel, which was found on Bridge Street, right in front of the Social Club.

The evening walk provided the rest of the coin finds. We found one penny on Main Street and 2 pennies at the high school.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 211.46
Money totals since Jan. 2005 –329.81

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 13,558 – 677.90
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 23,580 – 1,179.00

2 Comments:

Blogger Bellen said...

I have been very impressed since starting to read about a month ago. Obviously I don't live in the right area (SW FL) because I have been carefully looking for coins and so far have found 1 penny - that my husband dropped in the driveway. FL does not have a bottle bill - poor planning. If they did I would be doing a landslide business in redemption. Years ago, in CT, I'd take my kids out on Sunday mornings to the local parks and pick up cans. They split the 'take'. They loved it!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Bellen, that's surprising. I would have figured that area to be lined with coins. My game plan has always been to zero in on the areas most likely to produce. The car washes, the drive-thrus, schools, parking lots and the like. The in-town streets usually provide a steady source of coins as well.

When I first moved here from new hampshire, where I had been finding coins on a regular basis for quite some time but didn't record it like I do now, My girlfriend Michele said "I never find any money around here". It didn't take long (one short walk)to change her thinking.

Best,

Jim

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home