Thursday, October 26, 2006

Baby, It’s Cold Outside!

Today we found 1.00 in change and 9 bottles and cans.

Well, the last couple of days have felt more like winter than fall. I’ve had to break out some of my cold weather gear to deal with the conditions on my run that last couple of days. Luckily though it’s hasn’t affected the treasure trove we continue to find on the streets of our good town.

For a change, the first coin of the day came on my run, a dime, which I found on my route through the high school parking lot. When Michele arrived home from work she informed me that she had snagged a penny in the halls at school. Then, on her run, she picked up a dime as well, location unknown or forgotten, lol!

We hit the jackpot on the evening walk with Lexi. Most of the 79 cents came from the high school where we found 3 quarters and 2 pennies. The final 2 coins (both pennies) were recovered on Main St about 75 feet apart from one another. Needless to say, it was a profitable day!

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 174.80
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 293.15

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 12,526 – 626.30
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 22,548 – 1,127.40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home