Friday, October 06, 2006

TGIF!

Today we found 38 cents and 29 bottles and cans.

Continuing on our good fortune, Friday was good to us in more ways than one. We did find some change but more importantly, the Mustangs got a big win, one which will probably sew up a playoff spot. It was a hard-fought contest that went to double-overtime before we were finally able to knock one home. I was very happy for the girls as this season has been one with many obstacles to overcome.

Now on to the money report – Michele’s early morning walk yielded no finds, the same thing with my run. However, I did spot a few returnables along the way and that’s where the coin finding started. I decided to head out on the mountain bike and bag up all the bottles and cans I had seen earlier. During my trek I did come across a couple of pennies as well. The first one was found on cash corner (pleasant street), and the second one was found at the Depot, near the payphone.

The evening proved profitable as well. I was able snag 11 cents at Phil’s, (1 dime and 1 penny) an ATV and Motorbike shop. Next, at the car wash, I came up with 13 cents. All of it was in close proximity to the first stall, near one of the islands with a vacuum. I met up with Michele about 15 minutes later and she had one penny that she found at the 7/11 in the parking. The other 11 cents, 1 dime and 1 penny, she found at school in the parking lot.

Over and Out!

Money totals for 2006 – 165.55
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 283.90

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 11,202 – 560.10
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 21,224 – 1061.20

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny Squisher said...

Just curious, what state are you in and what is the bottle/can deposit there?

Kristina

10:27 PM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Kristina, and thanks for stopping by. I live in Maine. The bottle/can deposit is 5 cents on water, juice, sports drinks, soda and beer. It's 15 cents for all liqour. The only liquid that's not returnable is milk, although there are a couple of dairy farms that sell their product in a glass bottle and do have nice deposit returns on them. Harris farms, for example has a 75 exchange for the small containers and 1.50 I think for the large containers.

Best,

Jim

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home