Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Little Here, A Little There!

Today we found 44 cents and 45 bottles and cans.

During my journeys and travels I was able to amass a small fortune today. After stopping by the post office to mail out some packages, I went for an extended bike ride around the town. I came up with 3 cents, all of them were found in front of the Mill Street store. I did snag a few returnables as well.

After finishing up my run I decided to a take a cool-down walk up at Holdsworth Park. While there I found 2 pennies in the gravel parking lot. Then, on the evening walk with Lexi I was able to come with 37 cents. The first two coins came at the car wash, 11 cents (1 dime and 1 penny). Next, I picked up 16 cents in the high school parking lot (1 dime, 1 nickel and 1 penny). Finally, I snagged 11 cents on the way up Main Street by Jim’s Alignment (1 dime and 1 penny). I did also find a students purse at the high school and returned it.

Over and Out!

Money totals for 2006 – 156.17
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 274.52

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 10,750 – 537.50
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 20,772 – 1038.60

4 Comments:

Blogger The Humphery Family said...

Wow.. I just spent some time reading your blog and i'm amazed at how much change/bottles/and other items you've managed to find! Congrats!

4:26 AM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Mrs.K. You and yours don't seem to be doing too badly either. Where on earth did you finds those silver coins! Nice pickup there!

Best,

Jim

10:30 PM  
Blogger The Humphery Family said...

Hubby found all the coins while on a morning PT run. According to him, he passed by a lake and spotted the glint by the shore line. The coins were still partially covered in soil but my husband's eye for change is incredible. At first he thought it was bottle caps but as he got closer he saw the first Liberty coin. From the looks of these coins, I think someone had them as part of a collection, found them to be 'useless' and tossed them into the water a few years back. He's debating whether or not we should try to sell them. I say NOOO WAY!!! :)

4:14 AM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

That's a great story Mrs. k. Have you started calling him eagle eye yet? And isn't that the beauty of change hunting? I mean, you just never what you're going to find or where you'll find it. So, when you do come across a rare find like those, the last thing you'd want to do is sell them. I'll be reading daily for any other gems you uncover on your searches.

Best,

Jim

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home