Thursday, September 28, 2006

Some Work And Lots Of Play!

Today we found 79 cents and 58 bottles and cans.

Our money-finding ways continued once again on a beautiful Friday. Michele found one penny on her early morning walk with Lexi. She forgot to give me the details though of where she found it. Then, during my run I found a penny on cash corner (Pleasant Street). That area just keeps producing on a regular basis.

Next, before mowing the lawn and weed whacking the back yard, I decided to head out for an early afternoon bike ride. The first part of the bike ride was chosen to gather up some bottles, for that, it was a ride up the Oak Street hill. It’s a fairly steep ascent but both sides are usually plentiful with returnables as was the case today. Then, on the second half of the bike ride I in search of money, but also for the occasional bottle and can. I managed to come up with 42 cents; most of it (32 cents) came from the Depot parking lot. It’s a variety store and there always seems to be money lying about. The remaining coin of the ride was found on Witham Street. It was pretty old looking (dime), probably washed out from the last heavy rain we had.

Finally, after finishing up the yard work, Lexi and I went out for our evening walk. We were able to come up with 35 cents. Our first finds came at the car wash, 8 cents (1 nickel and 3 pennies). Then at the high school I found one penny in the parking lot. At the Cumberland Farms, I snagged another 25 cents (2 dimes and 1 nickel) while an old lady watched me from her car. And last but not least, I found a single penny at the skateboard park.

Cap update – Here’s the new point totals for the coke rewards and power aid promotions: Coke rewards – 1503 and Power aid – 537. We’ve had some good luck picking these babies up and we’re looking forward to cashing in on a couple of nice rewards.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 156.17
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 274.52

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 10,808 – 540.40
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 20,830 – 1041.50

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi... I just found your blog through Changepot, and I must say I'm quite impressed. I particularly like your bid to return that recent found wallet, despite the obvious temptation. Keep up the good work.

7:18 PM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Brian, yes, there is always the temptation of taking the money and discarding the wallet. My conscience won't let me do that though. This guy was thrilled to get it back as were the other 3 before him. Especially in light of all the identity theft going on these days.

Best,

Jim

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home