Wednesday, October 04, 2006

More Green!

Today we found 2.63 in bills and coin and 84 bottles and cans.

In was another excellent money finding day on the streets of Springvale and Sanford. The first coin was found in Bidderford. I was there to watch Michele’s field hockey game. I found it in the convenience store near the counter while purchasing a soda. The big finds came on the evening walk though with Lexi. The first recovery was at the high school in a form of a dime. Next, at the car wash, I really cashed in, finding 2 one-dollar bills crumpled together. As I was coming out of the car wash onto Main Street I came across a quarter, then a penny a little further up. We then met up with Michele about 10 minutes later. She found the final coin, a penny, on her run.

Sidebar – I know I’m always talking about the money and returnable finds, but I’m always coming across other interesting items. I snapped off a picture including a couple of the most recent ones. There’s an adjustable mirror, probably for a mechanic and a 10 pack of pencils as well, plus, a dinosaur. We’ve been finding a lot of these types of things and come spring we’ll be having a yard sale to make a little more cash.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 164.63
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 282.98

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 11,148 – 557.40
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 21,170 – 1058.50

2 Comments:

Blogger The Humphery Family said...

Your idea about picking up "other items" and having a yard sale is sheer genius! We've been looking around for assorted finds other than money and the nicest thing we've found is a 14k heart bracelet and a golf token from some resort in Hawaii. I keep it with my foreign coins until I can find a place for it.

4:22 AM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Mrs. K. Yup, we've been stockpiling stuff in the garage for some time now. Whatever we make with the yard sale next spring will just be a bonus. One thing I've noticed though is there's never a shortage of it.

See You later!

Jim

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home