Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Gathering Of Coins!

Today we found 54 cents and 25 bottles and cans.

Consistency was the word of the day with respect to the coin hunting. It all started on my early afternoon run of 4 miles. I snagged a small group of 6 pennies right next to the kar-ar-te studio. On the evening the walk with Lexi we came up with 45 cents. The first 28 cents came at the high school. The coins we found all about the grounds, in front of the school, in the parking lot and on the way out (2 dimes and 8 pennies). Then, at the car wash, we picked up another 17 cents (1 dime and 7 pennies) scattered about on the ground.

The last 3 cents of the day were found in two places. First, on my way down to Hannaford’s, a local supermarket chain, I found 2 pennies. One was near the checkout and one was found in the parking lot. The other penny was found by Michele at the school.

Sidebar – I’ve been reading the other money change blogs and a few of them mention finding change at those coinstar machines. I have to tell you folks, I very rarely ever find anything there, maybe a penny once in while. I always keep looking though figuring I’ll hit pay-dirt sooner or later. I’m not finding many foreign coins either. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

Money totals for 2006 – 165.17
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 283.52

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 11,173 – 558.65
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 21,195 – 1059.75

2 Comments:

Blogger The Humphery Family said...

I constantly check the coinstar machines at our local supermarket and find zip either. Do you have a Commerce Bank in your state? They've got a free coin counting machine (coinstar service-no fees) and I often find that coins get stuck in the hopper and wind up filtering down with your money. I usually count what I take with me to 'cash in' and check the return slot first. I've always found coins using that method.

4:32 AM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Thanks for the tip, Mrs. K. We don't have a Commerce Bank around that I know of. The big ones are Citizens, Banc of America, Key Bank and couple of others.

Best,

Jim

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home