Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Streak Is Over!

Today we found 12 cents and 21 bottles and cans.

Well, our run of dollar plus days came to an end on Tuesday. Not that I expected it to continue for long though it was good while it lasted. Michele found 2 cents on her walk with Lexi this morning. I was up early, too, probably too early as I’m dragging ass right now with 4 hours of sleep and no time to catch a nap during the day. Between having our driveway paved, taking the cat to the vets, and watching Mustangs first field hockey game (a win over Portland), there just wasn’t time to catch my breath.

Anyway, I did manage to find a couple of pennies on my early morning bike ride into downtown Sanford to register my car. Both were on Main Street in the direction of my destination. The other finds came on the evening walk, a single penny found at the skateboard park, and 7 cents (1 nickel and 2 pennies) that Michele found in and around Wal-Mart. I’m going to bed now.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 146.23
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 263.60

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 9,049 – 452.45
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 19,071 – 953.55

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home