Monday, September 04, 2006

There’s Silver On Them There Streets!


Today we found 1.15 in change and 71 bottles and cans.

Good evening to all of my fellow change finders. With everyone in holiday mode I wasn’t sure if I would have much luck out on the streets of Springvale today. However, I couldn’t have been any more wrong if I tried. In fact, today was a great day and produced more than just loot and returnables (see pictures).

While Monday didn’t start out so good (Michele’s walk yielded nothing), the evening walk more than made up for the lack of currency finds earlier in the day. Lexi and I went out solo for our walk because Michele had field hockey practice. Things were pretty quiet until we hit the car wash, that’s when all hell broke loose. We snatched up 95 cents, 2 quarters, 3 dimes, 1 nickel, and 10 pennies. All of the finds were scattered about on the ground and some on the islands. In addition, I also found a women’s silver necklace, .925 to be exact. If I keep finding jewelry like this, pretty soon I’m going to have to open a pawnshop!

The remaining 2 coins, a dime, which was also found on the evening walk, and then, another dime found in the rite aid parking lot on my semi-late bike ride.

Over and Out!

Money Totals for 2006 – 146.11
Money Totals since Jan. 2005 – 263.48

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 9,028 – 451.40
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 952.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home