Thursday, August 10, 2006

Honest Abe!

Today was another huge find on the money front. We found 5.40 in bills and coin and 139 bottles and cans. Michele was out on her morning walk with Lexi when she stumbled across a 5-dollar bill up on Webster. She normally doesn’t walk up that way but she wanted to break up her routine a bit, and because of it had the big score of the day. She also picked up another penny on Webster and one on Main. During her run she found an additional penny.

After I had finished up my run (found 2 pennies on cash corner) I got a call from my cousin Roger. Apparently he couldn’t connect to the net and had tried to work with a support tech to figure it out but became frustrated. So Michele and I went over and I took a look. Everyone in the family calls me now because of my years in the software industry. Once I got tech support on the phone it only took about 20 minutes. The problem was in the ip address and once we released the address in question and then the reassign, which applied a new ip address, bingo, we had a connection. Still, a little puzzling on why he lost his internet connection in the first place.

From there, I needed to hit the bank for a deposit, and then treated for the ice cream at the dairy delight where Michele found a nickel on the ground. The rest came on our evening walk with Lexi. We found a quarter at the car wash and a nickel at the karate studio.

Over and Out!

Money totals for 2006 – 126.37
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 243.74

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 7,821 – 391.05
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 17,843 – 892.15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home