Sunday, December 17, 2006

Buying Presents!

Today we found 1.03 in change and 5 bottles and cans

This afternoon Michele and I headed out to the Kittery Maine Factory Outlet Mall to do some power buying for those on our Christmas List. I’m happy to say to that I had good success, leaving me only Michele left to buy for, though I do know what I’ll be getting her. I’ll probably be finished up by the middle of the week with only some stocking stuffers left to buy.

The Money Report – The coins were once again flowing. Michele got things going with 3 cents on walk with Lexi. A little later, on my run, I snagged one penny coming up Oak Street. During our shopping excursion, we were able to pick up 8 cents; all of it came while strolling through the Irving gas station/quik mart. The coins were lying on the ground in various parking spaces. We also picked up a couple of more pennies while at Staples, where I needed to pick up some envelopes.

The rest of the action came via the evening walk. First, at the car wash, we came up with 80 cents (3 quarters and 5 pennies). One quarter was in the first self-serve bay on the ledge where you insert the coins. The next was in the other bay on the ground along with 4 pennies. Finally, the third quarter with in the coin return slot of the coke machine. Right next to it on the ground was another penny. The final coin of the walk came at the 7-11. We found one penny in the parking lot.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 217.83
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 336.18

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 13,909 – 695.45
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 23,931 – 1,196.55

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home