Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Smell Of Leather!

Today we found 70 cents and 320 bottles and cans.

Storyline of the day: Wallet number 4 found. Yes, that’s right, on my Sunday run on the streets of Springvale I came across a wallet lying on the ground. It was just up from the Mill Street store. When I saw it I stopped and picked it up. The 3 previous times I’ve found wallets they were picked clean and each time I returned them to their owner. With valuables like credit cards, insurance cards and license I know they were happy to get them back. This time however, much to my surprise, there was money, 33 dollars to be exact (see picture). I’m half tempted to keep the money and return the wallet. Anyway, I’m not counting the 33 dollars toward the total, as it just wouldn’t be right.

The rest of the day was that bad though. Michele found 25 cents on her morning walk with Lexi, all of it was found on Allen Street (2 dimes and 1 nickel). On our short but productive evening walk we found another 45 cents, this time all of the finds came from the car wash (4 dimes and 1 nickel). We also had a banner day for the bottles and cans with a 300 plus day.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 154.67
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 273.02

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 10,677 – 533.85
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 20,699 – 1034.95

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home