Monday, October 23, 2006

A Few Coins Along The Way!

Today we found 24 cents and 17 bottles and cans.

It was business as usual for a Monday as we were back out on the Streets of Springvale/Sanford. And as usual there was money to be found. The first coin of the day was a nickel, found on Michele's run; and ironically, she ran the same route as I did earlier so either I missed it or it was dropped after I did my run…hmmmm...

The evening walked proved to be the game saver, though. We were able to apprehend 19 cents during our stroll with dog in tow. The first 17 cents came at the rite aid parking lot (1 dime, 1 nickel and 2 pennies). Then we found a penny near Cumberland Farms and one penny on Main Street to round out the scoring!

Cap Promotion Update – It’s been a while since I’ve updated the total of both the coke rewards and poweraid promotions. As of 10/23, our coke reward points stand at 1,833 and the poweraid rewards are at 741. Not to bad at this point and we still have a little over 2 months to go on the coke rewards. I raise my soda in toast to you, givers of the bottle caps!

Over and Out!

Money totals for 2006 – 173.05
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 291.49

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 12,479 – 623.95
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 22,501 – 1125.05

2 Comments:

Blogger The Humphery Family said...

1833! Nice!! I just redeemed our cap points (166) for a coca-cola game set. My daughter Sandy picked out the prize since she's been super helpful in our family quest.

One thing I can't stand about the promotion is the 10 cap max per day limits. Some of the prizes look aboslutely unattainable at this point.

P.S. Your dog is gorgeous! My husband has been begging me for a rottie for over a year now!

Take Care,
Barb

7:34 AM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Barb, I've been add for quite some time now. Back in May I noticed the promotion so I began looking for them after that. I should be to get something pretty good when it's all said and done. The 10 cap limit just keeps people like redemption centers or someone who has a limitless supply from taking full advantage. They did have some sweepstakes earlier where they awarded 50,000 points to 10 lucky people but I wasn't one them.

Congrats on selecting the game, I always like the idea of getting something for free.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home