Thursday, October 12, 2006

Balmy In October!

Today we found 7 cents and 71 bottles and cans.

The title for the entry tonight almost sounds cliché, but it really was “Balmy in October”. I’ll probably be wishing for some of this in a couple of days as it’s supposed to be much cooler going forward.

At any rate, I made the most of the nice weather though I can’t say it proved to be good change hunting. During my 4-miler this afternoon I was able to find one penny on Main Street, near the hair-cutting place (can’t remember the name). I rescued it from a puddle. The remaining 6 cents came on the evening walk. Penny number one was found in the high school parking lot. The other 5 pennies all came from the car wash. They were scattered about in between the vacuum islands. The silver lining was the nice cache of bottles and cans we found along the way.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 167.62
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 286.07

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 11,935 – 586.75
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 21,957 – 1097.85

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home