Saturday, October 21, 2006

You And Me, And Doggy Makes Three!


Today we found 1.42 in change and 65 bottles and cans.

I always love going change hunting the day after a heavy rain. There always seems to be lots of money just lying around and I’m always happy to pick it up. Even though it very windy and the wind chill was definitely a factor, we braved the cold and were rewarded handsomely. On Michele’s morning walk, she came up with 12 cents, 11 of it was found on Mill Street, (1 dime and 1 one penny). The remaining penny was found in the rite aid parking lot.

A little later, I decided to head out for a short bike ride. During my trip I came up with 63 cents. The first finds came at the Depot (1 nickel and 1 penny). Both were near a payphone. Next I went to the other skateboard park next to the YMCA. During my inspection I picked up 54 cents, 1 quarter, 2 dimes, 1 nickel, and 4 pennies. Then, I picked up single pennies on cash corner (pleasant street), the rite aid parking lot and Nasson College.
















The evening walk proved to be good as well. While perusing the area we came up with 67 cents. The first find came at the car wash in the form of a quarter. Next, on Main Street, I spotted a dime in a driveway and scooped it up. Then, at the high school we came up with 32 cents (2 dimes, and 12 pennies). All of the coins were found in various places around the high school. And, for your viewing pleasure, a few pictures, including our dog Lexi helping out on the bottle drive. Believe me, she earns her keep.

Over and Out!

Money totals for 2006 – 171.52
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 289.96

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 12,263 – 613.15
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 22,285 – 1,114.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home