Sunday, October 22, 2006

Not Your Average Day!

Today we found 1.29 in change and 199 bottles and cans.

For the second straight day in a row the money and bottles were flowing. Things did start out rather slow though. Michele got it started with 2 cents on her morning walk with Lexi, which by the way was very cold so I’m told.

In the early afternoon I went out for my new long run, about 6 ½ miles or so, I haven’t driven it yet but on feel I’d say I’m pretty close. It feels greats to be building up base again with the goal of running on the seacoast race circuit in the spring. My fitness level and feel for pace are also coming back. Anyway, during my run, I was able to score one penny, which I found on North Street.

On the evening walk, we started from the ssya field, mainly because today was football day and we wanted to scoop up the bottles and cans left behind. After finishing up, and running Lexi all over the field chasing her kong, we headed out for walk. We were able to find 1.25, most of it was found at the car wash. Michele, while walking through one of the self-serve bays spotted 4 quarters on a ledge near the deposit slot. Someone evidently left them behind after washing their car. The other find was a quarter a little ways up the road on Main Street. It certainly was a great way to wind up the day.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 172.81
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 291.25

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 12,462 – 623.10
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 22,484 – 1,124.20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home