Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fall Is In The Air!

Today we found 27 cents and 22 bottles and cans.

Tuesday’s coin finding adventure proved to be a challenge on the streets of Springvale/Sanford. On the early morning walk, Michele got shutout. Then, on my run, a short 2-½ miler, I also was shutout. A little later, I needed to mail out a couple of packages at the post office. I rode my bike down figuring I’d cash with some coin finds, but no, there were none to be found. I did stop to a take a photo though of the Mill Street dam with the mighty Mousam River flowing strongly. The fall foliage makes a nice backdrop.

Finally, on the evening walk with Lexi we managed to apprehend some loot. The first of the 27 cents was found in the rite aid parking in the form of a penny. Next, at the high school, I secured 3 pennies. We then found a dime in the village bakery parking lot and one penny in the skateboard park. The rest of the coins were found altogether on Main Street. Turns out, Michele was walking down to meet us when a car drove by and someone tossed out a small cache of coins. When it was all said and done, we had 12 cents, all pennies and one turnpike token. Not too bad after coming up empty all day.

Money totals for 2006 – 167.17
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 285.62

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 11,850 – 592.50
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 21,872 – 1093.60

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home