Thursday, September 21, 2006

Walking, Running, and Biking!

Today we found 54 cents and 87 bottles and cans.

As most of you might already know from reading my short bio, I’m a runner. I’ve slowly been getting myself back into shape. My plan is to be up around 50 miles a week coming into the Spring months and then start competing on the Northeast road race circuit once again. But that’s not the only way I stay in shape these days. Walking and biking are 2 other ways I keep the blood pumping, plus, I also greatly improve my chances for coin recovery as well. Read on for the details!

News from the money hunt – Michele started out the day with 11 cents. The first coin, a penny was found in the rite aid parking lot. Then, she found a dime at the hair cutters on Main Street, just across from the library. As for me, well, on my run I didn’t find anything but I get in a 2-miler and that puts in the mid-twenties for the week. I needed to ship out 3 packages so I rode my bike down to the post office. After mailing the packages I went for short bike ride around town. I was able to find 28 cents. All of the finds came at the cash corner (pleasant street), 1 quarter, and 3 pennies.

Finally, during my evening walk with Lexi, I found another 15 cents. The first find was at the car wash, a single penny. Then, at the high school, I also found 1 penny. The last of the finds came just up from the car wash on the opposite side of Main Street. I found a group of 13 pennies all close together. Apparently someone decided they didn’t need the change. I say, “Thank you very much”.

Sidebar – I meant to add this a couple of days ago but I kept forgetting. As of 9/17/06, we officially went over the 10,000 mark for returnable bottles and cans. This mark eclipses our record from last year and we did it in less than 5 months, truly amazing.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 153.96
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 271.31

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 10,291 – 514.55
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 20,313 – 1015.65

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home