Thursday, September 21, 2006

Track Workout!

Today we found 17 cents and 55 bottles and cans.

Michele asked me if I would come over to the school and run the mile on the track with the field hockey girls. Since I was supposed to run it the first time they had it, back in August, I wanted to make sure I showed up. In the first group, there was one girl who I wanted me to help her run faster, so I decided to be the rabbit/pacer. We achieved her goal of running somewhere in the 6:30 range, 6:32 to be exact. In the second group I was on my own which meant running faster for me. I came through the mile at 6:09 and left everyone in the dust. Pretty sad when a 44 year old guy and can outdistance an entire high school field hockey team that’s supposed to be in shape.

On the money the front – Michele picked up 2 pennies on her 30-minute walk with Lexi. After I got back from the track, I went out on the evening walk with Lexi and found a total of 11 cents. The first coin, a dime was found in the 7-11 parking lot, and the penny was found on Main Street while heading home. Michele also found 4 pennies on her run, all on Main Street near the church and Nasson College.

Over and Out!

Money totals for 2006 – 153.42
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 270.77

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 10,204 – 510.20
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 20,226 – 1011.30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home