Sunday, August 06, 2006

Rings and Things!
















In all the time I’ve been searching the roads for money and other treasures, I’ve been amazed at the things both Michele and I have found. Things like cell phones, pagers, various jewelry, a brand new Norelco electric razor, a checkbook, tools, plus a whole host of other items, not to mention 3 wallets and counting. Seeing is believing though, and I’m living proof that virtually nothing is sacred.

Why am I telling you this? Well, today was one of those unusual days. We were about 2 miles out from the house heading home on our bikes, near Hannaford’s Supermarket, when I saw a glint of what I thought was gold next to the curb. I told Michele I was turning around to take another look and sure enough, it was an 18 Karat gold ring in the shape of a horseshoe with what appears to be diamonds. Apparently this item, which was probably meant to bring the individual luck, was lost, how unlucky for him. Ironic, don’t you think? When we arrived home I took a closer look through a 10x jewelers loupe to confirm it. Then Michele dropped it into some cleaner to bring out the sparkle. The pictures above are that of the ring and one of the other finds (coins and a marble).

In addition to the ring, we found 22 cents and 67 bottles and cans. Michele found 2 cents on her morning walk with Lexi, then on the bike ride, we found 5 cents at the car wash, a nickel on State and a nickel at the Laundromat. Our evening walk gave the 5 remaining pennies, 2 on Main, 1 at the High School and 2 at Nasson College.

Good Night and Happy Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 – 118.67
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 236.02

Bottle and can totals for 2006 – 7,500 - 375.00
Bottle and can totals since Jan. 2005 – 17,522 – 876.10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home