Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Rolling Along!

Today we found 37 cents in change and 55 bottles and cans.

The holiday shopping season is really having a nice effect on our coin finding ventures. Which reminds me, I still have some Christmas shopping left to do and tomorrow is scheduled as the finish up your shopping day. Actually, I just have one person to buy for but I do need to get cracking. I’ll be busy, busy, busy on Thursday.

Money line – Michele was back up north today for a family meeting about her father. He’s still in the hospital fighting an infection. The doctors say he’s winning the battle but the going is slow. There isn’t a whole lot of other news yet so I guess all we can do is wait. Michele did however find 7 cents at a Mobil station (1 nickel and 2 pennies).

The evening walk topped off the tank with 31 cents. The first 30 came from the car wash (1 quarter and 5 pennies) plus a nice cache of bottles and cans for the kitty. The other penny came courtesy of the 7-11.

Sidebar – Some time ago I mentioned seeing a red van at the local car wash. There was an old lady and a younger guy showing up quite often which didn’t sit real well with me. After all, it is my territory and who the heck do they think they are anyway? Well ladies and gentlemen; I conceived a master play to alleviate the problem. About the last week to a week and a half I’ve been showing up earlier than normal, around 4:30 pm or so. Based on my observations, that gave me roughly a 30 to 40 minute window over the unsuspecting duo in the red van, more than enough time to reap the harvest and be on my way. Oh how it does my heart good to know that their drive up here is all for not. I may not have been born at night, but I wasn’t born last night!

Over and Out!

Money totals for 2006 – 219.09
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 337.44

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 14,043 – 702.15
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 24,065 – 1,203.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home