Friday, September 15, 2006

It's Friday!

Today we found 32 cents and 38 bottles and cans.

While we haven’t had a really big money day lately, the amounts we’re finding are steady, and we continue to add to the total daily. The first 3 cents of the day were found at the post office. I was there to mail a package and noticed the 3 pennies left behind by a previous customer on the counter. Next, on the evening walk, I managed to pick up another 13 cents. The first coin was on Main Street, then I found a dime in the High School parking lot. One penny was found behind Memorial Gym and one penny came from the car wash.

About a ½ mile from home I met up with Michele who had just finished up a run and was walking down to meet us. She handed over 13 cents which she found on Mill Street (1 dime and 3 pennies). The last 3 cents of the day came on my evening bike ride. I haven’t had a chance to go for one lately so I made the extra effort after dinner. I found one cent in the rite aid parking lot, one cent in the 7-11 parking lot and one cent in the Key Bank drive thru.

Over and Out!

Money totals for 2006 –151.29
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 268.63

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 – 9,688 – 484.40
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 19,710 – 985.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home