Monday, July 31, 2006

Keeping the money train rolling!

Well, I just got done watching the Red Sox beat the Indians 9 to 8 with another clutch homerun by big papi, David Oritz. In all my years of watching the Red Sox I’ve never seen anything like it. The Yankees can buy every player they want, but when it comes right down to it, they have no answer for Oritz, and neither does anyone else. He will be the hands down winner of the MVP award for the American league, and should have won it last year over Gayrod. George King of the New York Post, eat your heart out!

Ok, I’m off the soapbox now.

We found 55 cents and 38 bottles and cans today. Michele found 7 cents on her walk with Lexi and one on her run. Yes, she’s a runner, too. I didn’t find anything on my 5 miler but I did spot a few returnables on the way. After I finished my run I rode the course again on the mountain bike and picked them. Of course, there were some detours along the way. As I headed up Mill Street I spotted a coke cap and circled around to pick it up. When I did I scanned the washed out gravel area where I picked out a badly soiled dime and 2 pennies. After that I finished up the course and retrieved the rest of the bottles but found no other coins. I did however find a dime up at Holdsworth park. Michele had mentioned she had seen a couple of bottles up in the front parking lot but when I got there they were gone, finding the dime was the consolation prize.

Finally, on our evening walk, we found 4 pennies at the car wash, 2 nickels on Main Street, a new dime drop on Rankin Street and one penny on Grove.

Now it’s on to August!

Money totals for 2006 - 112.54
Money totals since Jan. 2005 - 229.89

Bottle and can totals for 2006 - 7082 - 354.10
Bottle and can totals since Jan. 2005 - 17,104 - 855.20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home