Thursday, July 27, 2006

Laying Low on a Hot Day!


Hello to all my fellow change finders, bottle hunters and wealth accumulating fanatics. Today was another extremely hot one here in Maine, and the humidity made it just about unbearable. I did get my run in this morning before it got too hot, but it wasn’t what I would call enjoyable. Yet, in a weird sick kind of way, I think I’m finally starting to acclimate to it. It is good though to finally back on a regular running routine again. Now all I need to do is start building up my weekly from 20 to 30 a week. I’m just glad I don’t live out west, those poor souls are in their 12th day of 100 plus heat…thanks but no thanks.

Okay, now for the important news, as you probably already noticed, that’s a picture of our dog Lexi, complete with backpack and ready for action. She’s always up for a walk and more than happy to carry her share of the load.

We found 17 cents and 36 bottles today. All of it came on our one and only walk this evening. The first penny was found on Main St., just past Frost Street and Subway. After that we picked up 12 cents at the car wash along with the majority of the bottles, then finished it up with 1 penny at the skateboard park and 3 pennies and the 7-11. In addition, I did pick up a couple of coke caps as well. I’m closing in on the 600-point mark and gaining steam, plus, I have Mona down at the redemption center saving them as well. She should have a whole bag by the time I get down there. I’ve been entering codes for the powerade promotion as well.

Good hunting and good night!

Money totals for 2006 - 110.85
Money totals since Jan. 2005 - 228.20

Bottle and can totals for 2006 - 6846 - 342.30
Bottle and can totals since Jan. 2005 - 16,868 - 843.40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home