Friday, July 28, 2006

Thunder Boomers and Chinese Food

Yet again it was another hazy, hot, and humid day, but at least it was mostly cloudy when I decided to head out for my 4 mile run. I felt pretty good for the most part and threw in 4 or 5 pickups for turnover. I didn’t find and money though. A little later on we got a call from Michele’s parents who were on their way back from New Hampshire visiting the latest grandchild. They wanted to know if we were interested in catching a bite to eat so we went down to the china lau. They have excellent food and air conditioning which was just what we needed. Their timing couldn’t have been any better as a line of severe storms rolled in a few minutes after we were seated. Whew!

On the money the front, we found 30 cents and 67 bottles and cans. The majority of it came after I completed my run. I had spied several bottles earlier and went back for them on the mountain bike. During my trek I’m always on the lookout for loot and anything else of any value. My first find came at the depot which yielded 16 cents, a dime, nickel and a penny all right together, though I only saw the dime at first. Then I found one penny on cash corner (that’s what we call it), one penny in the rite aid parking lot and one penny on Mill Street headed back to the ranch. I did snag another coke cap and 2 dr. pepper caps, too. Hey, they’re giving away hummers! So far though I’ve come up empty (0 for 6) but there’s always tomorrow. I think I’ll leave at that and watch the rest of the Red Sox game. Did I mention I was a diehard Red Sox fan? Oh yes! Go Sox!

Money Totals for 2006 - 111.15
Money Totals since Jan. 2005 - 228.50

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 - 6913 - 345.65
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 - 16,935 - 846.75

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home