Thursday, August 03, 2006

Another dollar plus day!

Today was a day of little fixes, house chores and errands. We had put a new door in on the garage about a month ago. Because the original door was not a standard length, we had to cut it to size. After visiting my cousin Roger for the resizing, we put it in without a hitch. The one thing the door didn’t do was close securely. Basically, all we needed to do was make the door latch on the frame a little deeper, and that’s what Michele did today. Now it works great. In addition, she also did a little re-sealing around the tub as well. She always says it’s those little things that add up and boy is she ever right. I was just too pooped to help. I had all I could do to get in my run, and after that I was nothing more than a lazy sack of potatoes.

News from the money front, today we found 1.17 in change and bills and 34 in bottles and cans (see picture). Michele did most of the damage on her early morning walk with Lexi. While there weren’t many finds, she did pick up 2 pennies, both coming in front of Rite Aid, followed by the kicker, 1 dollar bill found just after subway on Frost. I was glad to see her find the green as it was her month (we alternate each month of the year) and most of those kinds of finds seem to come when it’s my month.

We did stop at a couple of stores in the afternoon, Mardens, which is a bargain closeout store and the off price outlet as well as the dollar store. Our only find was a single penny, but we did pick up some yummy snacks, cheap!

The rest to the money came on the evening walk. We found a dime and 3 pennies at the car wash, one penny at the Cumberland Farms and one penny on Main Street.

A little sidebar from last night, I had run down to the store for some soda about 10:30 last night and on my way back, I saw a line of animals crossing the road. At first I wasn’t sure what they were but when I got closer I saw what looked to be a family of raccoons, at least 6 but there could have been more. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen any thing like that. Usually you see one raccoon here or there and maybe 2 or 3 if you’re really lucky, but 6 or more? It was one of those times that you hear people say, “I wish I had my camera.” I’m echoing those thoughts right now.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2006 - 116.10
Money totals since Jan. 2005 - 233.45

Bottle and can totals for 2006 - 7218 - 360.90
Bottle and can totals since Jan. 2005 - 862.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home