Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Another hot, humid day!

It was another blazer here in the northest today. While I understand that we are in the throes of Summer, I really have no love for the humid weather. I mean, man enough is enough already. We had plenty of it up at the camp last week and now this, and no relief until Saturday night.

Today we found 57 cents and 38 bottles and cans. As usual, Michele and Lexi went for their morning walk and found 3 pennies, one of which was found in a crack in the road and was in pretty rough shape. The other 2 she found on Mill St. After that, I went for my run, a 2 1/2 miler (I'm coming down the ladder) . I found 7 cents on Payne Street and then 1 cent on pine for a total of 8 cents.

After lunch, Michele and I went for a bike ride on the mountain bikes around town. We focused in on areas outside of our walking range. We were able to nail down 16 cents as well as about 20 bottles and cans which I carried in plastic shopping bag. The remainder, 30 cents, was found on our evening walk, 25 of it was found in the rite aid parking and 5 cents at the car wash.

A little side bar about finding money on bikes. Last year, when I had a running injury, I bought Michele and I mountain bikes so that we could stay active and I could give my body a break from the pounding of the roads. Besides staying fit, it gave us the ability to cover larger areas in search of money and bottles. Initally, I thought it would be difficult to find coins and such, but with a careful eye and a slow steady speed, it became almost second nature. And as a bonus, it lets us explore all kinds of new areas that we would have never found if not for the bikes.

Money totals for 2006 - 110.68
Money totals since Jan. 2005 - 228.03

Bottle and Can totals for 2006 - 6810 - 340.50
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 - 16,832 - 841.60

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home