Friday, January 19, 2007

End Of The Week…

Today we found 16 cents in change and 40 bottles and cans.

The change find gods were good to us once again as we headed into the weekend. Friday was particularly busy for me. First it was out to the driveway to shovel the 1-inch of snow we got. It turns out that the storm took a little more easterly track and hence resulted in less snow, though you won’t hear me complaining. I also made a trip to the post office to mail out some packages, then to the bank, and finally, a little grocery shopping before heading home. With all that running around though I didn’t even find a coin, go figure.

Money Talk – As mentioned earlier, I came up empty during my afternoon of errands. However, we did have some luck later on but it wasn’t on my run. The pot-of-gold came mostly on the evening walk. We came up with a nickel at the car wash plus a nice cache of bottles and cans. It was located near one of the vacuum areas on the ground. Then, at the 7-11, we snagged a dime in the parking lot. The other find one penny came on trip down to Hannaford’s. I was there picking up a couple of things and found the coin near a checkout aisle. Not too bad for having snowed the night before.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money totals for 2007 – 11.52
Money totals since Jan. 2005 – 352.51

Bottle and Can totals for 2007 – 14,726 – 736.30
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 24,748 – 1,237.40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home