Sunday, July 23, 2006

I Found Money!

In this, my initial post, As a joke after a run, looking down, I noticed a penny on the ground and challenged my three fellow runners in the group to also find a coin during our cool-down walk. It wasn't long before we all had one coin. From that moment forward I began keeping an eye to the ground always looking for loose change and any other items that might have value. This is a running total of my finds, well, myself and my girlfriends finds.

Today's total was 28 cents, 1 dime and 18 pennies, Michele found 2 pennies during morning walk with Lexi, our dog, and I went out on the bike after completing a 5 mile run and found 15 cents at the 7/11. The rest of the loot came on our evening walk with our pup pup, 1 penny at the car wash, 1 on main street, 4 cents at the skateboard park and yup, you guessed it, 5 cents at the good old 7/11, thank you residents of Sanford/Springvale.

In addition, we also netted 86 bottles and cans for a total of 4.20. For those of you not familiar with recycling, all of the bottles and cans in maine are returnable with the exception of milk. Needless to say, the streets are lined with gold on a daily basis.

2006 Money Totals - 109.56
Total since Jan. 2005 - 226.91

2006 Bottle Totals - 6627 - 331.35
Total Bottle Totals since Jan. 2005 - 16,649 - 832.45

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home