Thursday, March 01, 2007

Pounding The Pavement!

Today we found 17 cents in change and 15 bottles and cans.

On the eve of a major snowstorm, I’m running on empty. I just completed a string of 9 straight days of runs on the roads and the body is saying it’s time for a rest. It’s not like haven’t done this before, it’s just that my fitness level isn’t at a high level at this moment. When I was on the road race circuit, it was no big deal running 30, 40, or 50 days in a row with an average of 50-55 miles a week. Sadly, I have a ways to go, but I am starting to turn the corner. A day off will be just what the doctor ordered.

Money Report – In the wake of a couple huge money-finding days, things returned to a somewhat normal mode. I was solo on the evening with Lexi when we cashed in with 14 cents at the car wash (1 dime and 4 pennies). The other 3 cents were found at Hannaford’s where I stopped in for a few grocery items. All three pennies were recovered from the parking lot on the ground.

Sidebar – Promotional Cap News – As many of you know, I’ve been involved in many different cap redemption promotions. Besides the on-going coke rewards and power aid games, there are a few new entrants in the field. Pepsi is currently running its car a day giveaway (free ride) promotion, which runs until 4/30. Then, we have the Twister, Sprite and Dr. Pepper promotions as well. There’s lots of different prizes that can be won or redeemed so keep a lookout for those caps!

Over and Out!

Money Totals for 2007 – 26.01
Money Totals since Jan. 2005 – 339.00

Bottle and Can totals for 2007 – 16,168 – 808.40
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 26,190 – 1,309.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home