Thursday, March 08, 2007

It’s Elemental!

Today we found 4 cents in change and 39 bottles and cans.

Lately I’ve been reading some really enlightening posts with regard to the environment and global warming, and it seems like more and more people are getting into the act. Their reasons may be different but the goal is all the same, to reduce the overall carbon footprint that each of us leave in wake of living in this world.

If you’re not doing anything to help then maybe it’s time you did. Try recycling for starters; it easy, and you actually see some monetary value for your efforts (i.e. bottle bill, recycling center). How about replacing some of your existing light bulbs with the energy efficient ones. Again, it’s easy and saves you more money. There are many more ways to become green and invest in the planet, but you get the idea.

Money Talk – Not much to convey with regard to coin finding. During my grocery shopping run in New Hampshire, I found a single penny in the Demoulas parking lot. I also found penny at the South Street car wash in Somersworth. Every once in a while I’ll stop by and check it since it’s only a minute out of the way. A little while later I drove down the car wash because of the brutal cold (I combined the trip with a stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee) and found a penny in one of the self-serve bays. The last penny was recovered from the Dunkin Donuts parking lot where I stopped to pick up a pound of coffee. In addition, I snagged another New Hampshire token, adding to the hoard I already own.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money Totals for 2007 – 27.19
Money Totals since Jan. 2005 – 341.18

Bottle and Can totals for 2007 – 16,296 – 814.80
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 26,318 – 1,315.90

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home