Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Day After....

Today we found 83 cents in change and 18 bottles and cans.

One day removed from the snowstorm and things are returning to normal. We did get a changeover to sleet, and then freezing rain, and finally to all rain, which lowered the totals a little bit. Nevertheless we received around 8 inches or so and that’s plenty for me. It was nice to have that warm sun come out to begin the melting today. I am so ready for spring!

Money Update – We didn’t let any stinking snowstorm keep us down for long as we were out and about, and on the lookout for loot. Michele found our first coin of the day on her run. She snagged a single penny heading up Mill Street. While at Marten’s, a discount store, I spotted a dime near the courtesy desk, I quickly moved in with the stealth of cat and secured the find. The jackpot total of the day came from the car wash on the evening walk where we came up with 72 cents (1 quarter, 2 dimes, 3 nickels and 12 pennies). All the coins were collected from the vacuum station areas where they were scattered about on the ground.

Sidebar – We received our first reward from the coke promotion game currently underway. It’s a sharp-looking Sony dvd player (see picture). Not too bad for free and we still have a lot more points to redeem. I also won 4 lift tickets to Mount Sunapee (216 dollar value) as well. Another free prize just for entering bonus codes as an fsn sportsnut, Life is good!

Money Totals for 2007 – 26.84
Money Totals since Jan. 2005 – 339.83

Bottle and Can totals for 2007 – 16,186 – 809.30
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 26,208 – 1,310.40

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet DVD player! I started doing the cap thing, too, and I'm at 76 points. I think I'm going to cash in soon for a magazine subscription.

8:12 PM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Brian, glad you're cashing in, too. The way I look at it is, the caps are free and all I need to do is enter the codes. Looks like you're well on your way.

Best,

Jim

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home