Friday, August 22, 2008

O’ Captain, My Captain!

Sox Talk – It appears that someone has woken Jason Varitek from his long season slumber. The captain has become as wide-eyed as a kid in a candy store at the thought of hitting a baseball. So much so that opposing pitchers are starting to take notice. Just ask Shaun Marcum what his take was while dodging bullets from the Red Sox catcher and captain. Varitek when 2-3 with a homerun, his third in as many games while his teammates joined the fun for a convincing 8-4 victory and an impressive 3-1 start on the road. His bat will be vitally important now with the absences of Mike Lowell and J.D. Drew, though neither one is expected to miss a prolonged period of time.

Name Game – okay, this was an item I stumbled across some months ago. It has that telltale spiral or swirl appearance to it but I’m really not sure what it is. The interesting or unique part is that it’s made from 100 percent Popsicle sticks. I suppose it could be used as a basket in its simplest form, but perhaps it’s just for decorative purposes. Nevertheless, it does have that certain eye appeal so I’d be interested on others opinions.

Money Report – We were able to corral a total of 38 cents over the past two days. The first twelve of it coming on Thursday followed up by a 26-cent effort on Friday. There were no coins of interest however, but, like everyone else, it continually adds to our total.

Over and Out!

Money Totals for 2008 - 175.66
Money Totals since Jan. 2005 - 696.39

2 Comments:

Blogger The Humphery Family said...

So glad to see you guys back! I kept checking your blog in hopes to see new entries and VOILA! You've returned!!! I'm looking forward to reading your change finding adventures and baseball updates (my team plays yours this week woohoo!)


Barb

3:27 PM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Barb! Yup, it's nice to be back, and I've got some stories to tell. I'll be backing and filling past with the present as I go.

Best,

Jim

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home