Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hi-oh Silver!

Today we found 75 cents in change and 107 bottles and cans.

During our coin finding ventures today we came across a silver dime. Check out this 1956 model we found. I knew I had a silver coin in my hand the minute I heard it clink against the quarter and penny I found with it. It’s kind of funny, too, because just last night I left Brian a comment saying that a silver coin has a sound all of its own. I guess my hears are attuned to it now as its become old hat.

As for the rest of the money story, Michele found a pair of nickels on her morning walk. Both the specimens were discovered on Payne, which lately has been a desert. The evening walk delivered another 65 cents for the choir. First we found a penny on Witham Street, then at car wash we found 63 cents (2 quarters, 1 sliver dime, and 3 pennies). All of the coins were found near the vacuum areas. The final penny of the walk was found in the skateboard park. Were also on record pace with bottles and cans.

Sox Talk – Dice-k was on his game tonight only giving up 1 run or 5 hits. Toronto on the other hand, was not on their game, losing to the bosox 9-3. They’ve moved up ace Roy Halladay to try and avoid a sweep and also attempt to break their losing streak, which stands at 8. Wake will take the hill for the good guys.

Good Night and Good Hunting~

Money Totals for 2007 – 79.55
Money Totals since Jan. 2005 – 402.54

Bottle and Can totals for 2007 – 2,357 – 117.85
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 29,554 – 1,477.70

2 Comments:

Blogger kestrelia said...

Awesome! I "found" a silver dime and quarter yesterday. I won't count it towards the total, but they're both going into the coin albums. :)

Can't get over how many pennies you found. The amount you, I, and others find on the ground is proof many people are just tossing them.

6:33 AM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

You've got that right, Brian. When I first started doing this, I was amazed at the money I found. Years later I'm still going strong. The bottles and cans, jewelry and other everyday items are bonus. We'll be having a yard sale soon and many of the items in it came courtesy of items left behind, unwanted or lost.

Best

Jim

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home