Monday, May 14, 2007

Diamonds?

Today we found 17 cents in change and 120 bottles and cans.

We’ve been finding some interesting items lately in our little town. As you can see by the pictures, it’s a regular treasure trove of trinkets out there. One of note though is a 3-stone pendant. Under a 10x loupe I did find a mark on the back but I can’t read the karat amount. As for the stones, again I’m not sure, but I’m bringing it down to a local jeweler we know along with an 18k gold horseshoe ring we found last year which I’m pretty sure that its stones are diamonds based on the quality of the gold. Once I have any news I’ll update it here.
Money Report – Coins have been scarce over the past few days and Monday was no exception. I picked up my first two coins during a run down to the post office on my bike. On the way back I hit a few areas to be known havens for coins. I found one penny in the 7-11 parking lot and 1 penny near the China Lau.

The evening walk proved to be a bit more fruitful coming up with 13 cents (all pennies). I found 2 pennies in the rite aid parking lot, 1 penny on Main Street near the intersection of Oak, 1 penny in the High School parking lot, 8 pennies near Unicel, and 1 penny in the 7-11 parking lot. Michele came home with the final two cents, which she found at school in the parking lot.

Sox Update – We were able to squeak out another victory over a tough Tiger squad. Dice-k went all the way for the home team giving us our first complete game of the year. Wakefield takes the mound for game two.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money Totals for 2007 – 81.75
Money Totals since Jan. 2005 – 404.74

Bottle and Can totals for 2007 – 2,948 – 147.40
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 30,145 – 1,507.25

2 Comments:

Blogger AndyfromSimi said...

To find jewelry is quite something. I haven't found any of that, yet... my daughter found a sterling silver turquoise ring last year that would have sold for about $45.

Good job. Also, your bottles and cans are phenomenal... do tell.

9:28 PM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Andy, yup, we been REALLY lucky finding jewelry such as rings and chains and the like. I look at this way, whatever it's worth is a bonus.

I've been snagging the bottles and cans all over, on bike rides, at the car wash, after sporting events. You get the picture.

Best,

Jim

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home