Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Home and Garden Party—Plate!

Today we found 73 cents in change and 94 bottles and cans.

All systems were go today as the sun broke out and the temps soared into the 60’s. I actually did my run in shorts and a t-shirt, which felt great. Michele did her run in the same type of attire. And, for the first time this year, I was out on the mountain bike. Too bad we’re in for some nasty weather the next few days and then some below normal temps after that.

Money Talk – We’ve seen an increase in our coin findings totals lately and today was no exception. While out on my bike ride I found 3 pennies, two of which were on Oak Street, an area that I had earmarked for bottles and cans. It was pure luck that I found them at all as I was stopped to pick up a bottle and looking down, noticed the pennies. I also found a third penny on Main Street heading home with the booty.

The evening walk produced a nice amount of revenue as well. At the car wash we found 34 cents (2 dimes and 14 pennies). All of the coins were in the usual spots, in and around the vacuum bay areas. Heading up Main Street we also found a single penny on the edge of the sidewalk. At the 7-11 we found a quarter, and near the courthouse we found a dime.

In addition to the coins, bottles and cans, we came across a sharp-looking home and garden party stoneware floral pattern plate. Perhaps this will be another item for the yard sale.

Over and Out!

Money Totals for 2007 – 29.78
Money Totals since Jan. 2005 – 343.77

Bottle and Can totals for 2007 – 16,632 – 831.60
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 26,654 – 1,332.70



2 Comments:

Blogger Bailey said...

Congrats on your increased coin finds!

8:02 PM  
Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Hi Bailey, well, I'll say this, it's been a real struggle lately with all this new snow. I guess the bright side to all this is when the snow melts we'll have plenty of coins to scoop up.

Jim

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home