Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Coins In Different Places!

Today we found 2.04 in change and 36 bottles and cans.

We finally got a big score from a coinstar machine that many others in the change blogging community often comment about. It happened at Hannaford’s supermarket while I was there to pick up a few items. As I was walking by (I always check it) the coinstar machine I noticed there were coins and quickly moved in to scoop them up. Upon further investigation, my efforts yielded 71 cents (6 dimes and 1 one penny), plus a five pence coin and a Bermuda 10 cent piece. Not a bad haul if I don’t say so myself.

The rest of the coins found during the day came on the evening walk Lexi. The first coin we came across was a dime found at rite aid. It was just off of the parking lot surface lying in the grass. At the car wash we also picked up a dime that was under the vending products area. Finally, on our way home, we were going by the courthouse when I noticed couple of bottles near a drainage area that’s adjacent to the property. It’s a big grassy area for the most part with a small place for any standing water to drain. Anyway, I went down and picked up the 3 or 4 bottles down there and on my way up I discovered a small pile of coins on the hillside, 1.13 to be exact (4 quarters, 1 dime, and 3 pennies). We saw a bunch of kids sliding there a month ago so I’m guessing that one of them may have lost the change but who knows.

Good Night and Good Hunting!

Money Totals for 2007 – 39.01
Money Totals since Jan. 2005 – 353.00

Bottle and Can totals for 2007 – 17,329 – 866.45
Bottle and Can totals since Jan. 2005 – 27,351 – 1,367.55

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home